Web Service - FAQ
- What do I need to use the EBSCOhost API?
- What can the EBSCOhost API be used for?
- How do I get started using the EBSCOhost API?
- Does EBSCO provide any sample code that I can review to help get me started with the EBSCOhost API?
- How can I retrieve the latest articles from a particular journal using the EBSCOhost API?
- What is the maximum number of records that I can retrieve in a single request using the EBSCOhost API?
- If I issue a search across multiple databases using the EBSCOhost API, how do I eliminate duplicate records?
- Can I retrieve audio and video files using the EBSCOhost API via the Search method?
- How do I know which EBSCOhost databases are associated with my organization's account?
- What types of authentication are supported via the EBSCOhost API?
- How do I utilize search tags in EBSCOhost API?
- How do I search multiple databases in EBSCOhost API?
- How can I limit to PDF or HTML full text results in EBSCOhost API?
- What is the maximum number of results I can return in a call to the EBSCOhost API?
- Which EBSCOhost database authorities have limited support via the EBSCOhost API AuthoritySearch Method?
- Which EBSCOhost database authorities are fully supported via the EBSCOhost API AuthoritySearch Method?
- What is the EBSCOhost API Info Method and what kind of data does it provide?
- What Field Codes are available with Multi-Database Searching?
- What databases are supported by EBSCOhost API?
- What communication protocols are supported by EBSCOhost API?
- How is Full Text represented in EBSCOhost API?
How can I customize the links from a result list to the detail record/full text?
You can customize persistent links to control what a user sees when viewing the detailed record and/or full text. Choosing to include scope
information on persistent links, which can be set in EBSCOadmin, will open full access to EBSCOhost user interface including the toolbar
in the header area. You may also choose to use different profiles and profile settings to customize the user interface display. You can
configure profile settings to control header branding, allow email, allow notetaking, etc. Using specific profiles will also allow you
to ensure EBSCOhost properly logs usage statistics when users view either the detailed record or full text. Moreover, the detailed record
has many features/functions that are not directly controlled via the web service such as: email, folders, cite and text to speech
Will EBSCO develop our EIT application?
No, organizations that do not have the infrastructure to implement EIT should continuing using EBSCOhost.
For those customers interested in developing their own EIT application, sample code that you can download
is available on the EBSCOhost EIT Support center. In addition, EBSCO's Customer Satisfaction team can
provide EIT integration support.
EBSCO Discovery Service