How to email EBSCOhost Records?
You can set the defaults for Standard Field Format, Citation Format, email Format, and the default email To address on the Preferences Screen. The selections that are set on Preferences will be applied when emailing.
To e-mail an article:
From the article, click E-mail.
The E-mailing panel is displayed above the article.
Enter the E-mail Address. To send to more than one e-mail address, use a semicolon between each e-mail address. (For example, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
To send the e-mail, click Send; otherwise, click Cancel. A message appears when your e-mail has been sent.
Subject - enter a subject to appear on the e-mail subject line. (For example, Results of research on topic ABC.) (40 character maximum.)
Comments - enter any comments you would like to include with your e-mail.
Format – Select whether you want to send the e-mail in Rich Text or Plain Text format.
If you are in the folder, Remove these items from folder after e-mailing appears. Indicate whether you want to empty the folder of all items after e-mailing.
Include when sending - If you do not make any selections in this area, the defaults will apply. The Detailed Citation and Abstract (plus any available HTML Full Text and PDF Full Text) will be sent. (Most users will not need to use the "Customized Field Format" selection.) Persistent links to articles are automatically included in the e-mail.
HTML Full Text (when available) – Include the HTML Full Text of the article, if available.
PDF as a separate attachment (when available) – Include all citation information and the article in Adobe PDF format, if available.
- Standard Field Format - Most users will choose the default - "Detailed Citation and Abstract." You can also select from the drop-down list:
- Brief Citation – Indicates that only a brief citation should be e-mailed.
- Brief Citation and Abstract – Indicates that a brief citation and an abstract should be e-mailed.
- Detailed Citation and Abstract – Indicates that a detailed citation and abstract should be e-mailed.
- Citation Format - If you would like to save your citations in a specific format, select one from the drop-down list:
- AMA - American Medical Association
- APA - American Psychological Association
- Chicago/Turabian Author - Date
- Chicago/Turabian Humanities
- MLA - Modern Language Association
- Current Search History (when available) – Indicate whether the current search history should be e-mailed with your Result List Items. The history will be delivered as a separate HTML attachment. (Note: It is possible that the current search history and the Result List Items may not match. If your folder contains items from a previous session, or if you’ve edited or cleared search history without clearing your folder, you may receive both current search history and earlier folder results.)
To email Linked Full Text:If you are emailing an article that includes Linked Full Text, you must follow the links directly to the Full Text and then email it. Otherwise, only the citation and any available HTML Full Text will be sent. If you follow the links to the Full Text and it is PDF format, the PDF will be sent as an attachment to the email.
To e-mail persistent links to searches:
Click the Share link at the top of your Result List.
Click the hyperlinked search terms to the right of Add search to folder. The search query is now saved in the folder as a persistent link to a search.
From the Persistent Links to Searches area of the folder, click the E-mail icon. The Links to Searches area of the E-mail Manager displays.
Enter the E-mail Address. To send to more than one e-mail address, use a semicolon between each e-mail address. (For example, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.)
Enter a Subject to appear on the e-mail subject line. (For example, Results of research on topic ABC.) (40 character maximum.)
Enter any Comments you would like to include with your e-mail.
Click Send; otherwise, click Back. A message appears when your e-mail has been sent.
Note: The library administrator decides whether the persistent links feature is available.
|Topic:||Delivery of Content|
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Interface|