MarketLine - Frequently Asked Questions
- Datamonitor is now called MarketLine
- What is MarketLine (available via the Company Profiles button in EBSCOhost)?
- How many MarketLine Company Profiles are available on EBSCOhost?
- How many MarketLine Industry Profiles are available on EBSCOhost?
- How does the MarketLine content available via EBSCOhost differ from that available directly from MarketLine?
- What criteria does MarketLine use to select the companies that are included in the Company Profiles?
- Why do my persistent links or catalog links to Company Profile Records (MarketLine reports) return No Results?
Datamonitor is now called MarketLine
Please note, as a result of Datamonitor's name change to MarketLine, Company Profiles, SWOT Analyses, Industry Profiles, etc. available in EBSCO's Business Source databases are now branded as MarketLine products.
What is MarketLine (available via the Company Profiles button in EBSCOhost)?
MarketLine is a business information company covering the automotive, consumer, energy, financial services, healthcare and technology sectors.
MarketLine supplies the information which is accessible via the Company Profiles link in the More dropdown list on the toolbar for all Business Source® Databases.
How many MarketLine Company Profiles are available on EBSCOhost?
EBSCO offers over 10,000 Company Profiles from MarketLine.
How many MarketLine Industry Profiles are available on EBSCOhost?
EBSCO offers over 2,400 Industry Profiles that are updated annually.
How does the MarketLine content available via EBSCOhost differ from that available directly from MarketLine?
EBSCO makes available all of the data that that MarketLine provides to us, per our current agreement. MarketLine does not inform EBSCO in detail on what they include in their own product.
What criteria does MarketLine use to select the companies that are included in the Company Profiles?
MarketLine assesses the most important global companies, ensuring a balance between the US, European and Asian companies as well as the key vertical markets. The selection process is based on a scoring system that takes into account the factors below. The points for each company are then added together, and then ranked by points score (descending order), then by annual revenues (descending order). This process ensures that MarketLine covers the world’s most important companies as well as those of most interest to investors and key customers.
- Stock exchange indices: One point is allocated to each company for its presence in each of the major stock exchange indices across various regions
Stock Exchange and Other Indices Covered:
- DAX 30
- Euronext 150
- CAC 40
- Dow Jones
- HEX 20
- Eurostoxx 50
- SBF 120
- Stoxx 50
- KFX Blue Chips
- Nasdaq 100
- Fortune 500
- Hang Seng
- S&P 500
- Nikkei 225
- FTSE 350
- ASX 100
- MIB 30
- Swiss Market Index
- Oslo Bors
- Investment bank coverage: One point is allocated for each major investment bank which covers the company.
- Key lists: One point is allocated to a company if it is covered in the MarketLine Key Lists, which are ranked lists of companies by industry / market. These lists ensure that all the major players in key vertical markets are covered. These lists are reviewed and updated annually.
Example Industry Lists:
- Top 40 chemicals companies
- Top 50 commercial and savings banks
- Top 100 drinks companies
- Top 100 food manufacturers
- Top 50 technology companies
- Top 30 consumer goods and services companies
- Top 25 media companies
- Annual turnover: Points are allocated according to the scale of operation in terms of revenues. For the purpose of comparison, the annual sales figure for each company is converted into US$ million.
- Other factors: Other factors which affect the coverage scoring system include number of employees, importance within the industry, future growth potential, and client feedback / customer demand for increased coverage.
Why do my persistent links or catalog links to Company Profile Records (MarketLine reports) return No Results?
Due to changes in the Company Profile records supplied by MarketLine, any persistent links that were presented in 2007 or earlier will no longer work. Please search the MarketLine Company Profiles once again, and retrieve the new persistent link.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Interface|