What can I check if I am having difficulty authenticating via Referring URL?
If you receive an error message when trying to connect to an EBSCOhost product, it may be caused by software on your computer which blocks referring URLs. The Referring URL authentication method is based on the web address a user is linked from, to EBSCOhost.
To check whether you are blocking referring URLs, please click this link:
If you do not see any value next to "Referring URL=" you are blocking referring URLs. Some software products can block referring URLs.
Here is a list of software products with instructions on how to allow referring URLs:
- McAfee Virus Scanner/Internet Security Suite
- EZ Armor/eTrust EZ Firewall provided by RoadRunner
- Norton Internet Security/Norton Personal Firewall
- Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and 2004
- Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall 2002 and earlier
If you continue to experience authentication difficulties when using a referring URL, Click here for addresses to add to your configuration file.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Databases|