NoveList Help Sheet: Browsing Lists and Articles
Browsing Reading Lists by Topic (Recommended Reads)NoveList has hand-selected over 800 Recommended Reads lists for readers of all ages. These lists are organized them by fiction (and nonfiction in NoveList Plus and NoveList K-8 Plus), genre or topic, and reading level in the “Recommended Reads” section of the homepage.
- On the left side of the homepage, in the Recommended Reads section, select the Fiction or Nonfiction tab to view the appropriate lists.
- Select the audience level link at the top of the section.
- Select the genre or topic you are interested in. A pop-up window will display showing all available lists for the selected topic.
Browsing Other Lists and ArticlesWe have created complete listings, or indexes, of certain types of content and have provided ways for you to browse through or jump to the section of the index that is interesting to you. There are two types of these listings in NoveList:
- Indexes of all titles, authors, series, subject headings (and appeal terms) and books by Dewey used in NoveList. These can be accessed from the Advanced Search page, under the Browse heading.
- Listings of our proprietary content such as Author Read-alikes, Book Discussion Guides, Feature Articles, Grab and Go Book Lists, and Picture Book Extenders. These listings are available from the orange bar at the top of the NoveList screen, under the Lists & Article drop-down.
To browse through the list:
- The View By tab indicates the way in which the listing is organized. If additional tabs are available, you can click on a tab to see the list organized in a different way.For example, you can view Author Read-alikes by author name (the default) or by the genre in which the author writes.
- In the example of the Author Read-alikes index, you can enter an author name in the Browse for: box. By default, the closest terms will be returned alphabetically. You can also set the search option to be “Relevancy Ranked.”
- You can also use the A-Z links to jump to the part of the list that you want to browse. (e.g., click on the M to browse through the Read-alikes for all authors whose last name begins with M).
|Topic:||Interface Features, Database Products and Content|
|Services:||NoveList, NoveList K-8, NoveList Plus, NoveList K-8 Plus|
Find tutorials, FAQs, help sheets, user guides, and more at http://support.ebsco.com.