How do I use the Curriculum Standards application?
The Curriculum Standards application is a tool that allows teachers to locate curriculum standards based on several criteria. Curriculum standards are created and published by each state in order to convey the educational requirements in each subject area at each grade level that students are expected to learn and teachers are expected to teach.
In addition, the Curriculum Standards application includes U.S. Common Core standards and standards for Canadian provinces.
The Curriculum Standards application is available in the following EBSCO interfaces:
- English Language Learner Reference Center (Research Guides feature area)
- History Reference Center (Reference Shelf feature area)
- Kids Search (Teachers Resources section)
- Points of View Reference Center (Reference Shelf feature area)
- Science Reference Center (Reference Shelf feature area)
- Searchasaurus (Teachers Resources section)
- Student Research Center (Teacher Resources section)
To access the Curriculum Standards application:
Click the Curriculum Standards link in the Reference Shelf or Teacher Resources area. The Curriculum Standards module opens in the new window.
Browse by making the appropriate selections for State, Standard, Subject, Year, and Grade in the available drop-down menus.
Curriculum Standards topics are displayed in the column on the right.
- You can also choose U.S. Common Core standards as well as standards for Canadian provinces from the State drop-down menu.
- The Year drop-down menu corresponds to the publication date of the Curriculum Standards for your chosen state.
Click on the plus-sign (+) icon to view standards for your chosen topic. Standards can be further expanded by clicking on subsequent plus-sign icons. In many cases, suggested search terms are provided which relate to the specific standard selected. Educators may cut & paste these suggested terms to search for related articles, images, and more – which can then be used for lesson plans, required reading, and assignments.
Curriculum Standards can be printed, emailed, or saved to your computer by clicking the Print, Email, or Save links at the top of the module.
|Topic:||Interface Features, Database Products and Content|
|Services:||Searchasaurus, Student Research Center, Kids Search, Points of View Reference Center, English Language Learner Reference Center, Science Reference Center, History Reference Center|